Monday, January 28, 2013

New week Monday

Last post I was telling you about the houses I looked at in Rowlett.
House 1 the Short Sale - The owner accepted my offer of $90,000, with financing.  So now it goes to the bank to accept or deny or counter.  An all cash offer of $100k came in right behind mine, but snooze, you lose, because the seller/owner already accepted my offer and now all other offers have to wait until mine is declined and the house is back on the market for their offers to be considered.  Today, MBR is reviewing the foundation and giving me a bid on it's repair.  This will probably take a little while, but I'm prepared to wait...no hurry here.
The other house, on the same street, is a FNMA FC, but  isn't on their website nor MLS.  May be a "shadow inventory" product.  Brenda is trying to get through to FNMA and find someone who might be willing to entertain an offer on the property.
The other two...one I rejected, the other I was outbid. 
My brother Gregg and I went to the Real Estate Expo in Hurst this Saturday and ran into a lot of people I know, mainly in the booths.  If you missed it, you missed a good experience to get to meet and visit with the kinds of people who might have a sizable impact on your future.  But there will be others.  Keep all of this in perspective and in context as to where you are in life right now.  Always know what are the important things in life that will stabilize your day-to-day existence.  Then, you can venture out and do some extra-curricular activity, both time-wise and money-wise.  And when you're ready, I'll be there to help you the best that I can.
On Saturday, I talked with a young man who is the rep for New Western Acquisitions for the Dallas area, and realized he's the son of a couple that is good friends with Cyndi and me.  We've known each other for almost 13 years now.  So I called them up and we went out Saturday night.  We (the Dad) and I talked a lot about real estate.  He's a VP with Chase (he's an IT computer-type engineer) and has been wanting to do something in real estate for awhile.  Now that his son is involved, he may want to more seriously consider getting into the game. He has credit and money, but not a lot of time.  We may do a deal together so that his son will get the "sale" of the property and we'll get a property that I'll handle start to finish and he can watch and learn, and earn.  A win-win-win situation.  We'll see what happens.
Still looking at properties. I'll keep you posted on progress or changes.
TTFN.
Mark

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for all the posts Mark! Hope the offer gets approved by the bank! Good luck sir! If I can get a job soon that is about where I was before, I'll be in the buying game ASAP. Just letting you know I AM reading your posts!

    Blake

    ReplyDelete