Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Beginning of February

Well, ladies and gentlemen, February has begun!  As of yesterday, I started my new job as a loan officer with Nations Reliable Lending, located at Coit and LBJ in the Park Central area.  Our office is just East of the huge Watermark Church east of Hillcrest.  So far, so good.
While I've been continuing to look for properties, my contract on the property in Rowlett, the short sale with BofA, continues to stew in its juices.  BOA is now projecting a 4/13 close date, if they accept my contract.  Remember, I offered $90k on a house that should have an ARV of around $175-$180...that target percent of 50% of ARV.  I'm still waiting on the foundation bid, called MBR and asked why it's taken so long.  Surely the Superbowl didn't cause a delay?  Did your team win?
Remember this property has a pool.  I wouldn't deal with a pool if I was going to hold the property as rental, but since I'm flipping, I think it will be fine.  If I get a chance I'll head back out and take some pix and vids of the property and let you have a look at it in my next post.  Let me know if it's something you would like to see.  If not, then I won't go to all that trouble!  :)
It has become tough finding SFR's, but I continue to look each and every night.  I've decided I might step into some commercial properties and see how they might work out.  Examples:  car wash, laundramat/washateria (??), small apartment complexes.  May be less competition in that area.  These deals are harder to do without cash and credit.  As I'm lucky enough to have both, I can proceed somewhat cautiously, and at least take a look.  Let me know what you guys think about that, what you've maybe heard or not heard.
I know some of my readers have been going through some changes in their lives.  Not to sound trite, but the door was closed, and I believe a window, or windows, has/have been opened.  To me that's the only way to look at it.  That, and it's a time to find out who your real friends and family are.  Please keep me posted on each of your progress as life changes your mountains to climb and responsibilities to upkeep.  I may not have the answer, but I will lend a compassionate and understanding ear.

Bye for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment